200 Hour Teacher Training
Tapas Yoga’s 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a Yoga Alliance-certified program that offer the opportunity for an immersive yoga experience, learning and refining the crucial tools for sharing yoga with others while deepening each trainees personal practice and knowledge of the yoga tradition.
Limited to 15 trainees and aimed at both teaching skills and personal growth, this course is an immersive yoga experience. This program is not specific to Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga, but a general yoga training touching on many traditions and styles.
Expect to learn all the skills essential to successfully teaching yoga to others
- postures, anatomy, sequencing, adjustments—as well as the origins, philosophy, schools, and gurus of yoga’s long history and profound, contemplative roots.
- Posture instruction, modification, & use of props
- Therapeutic posture application
- Postures: names, types, meanings, etc
- How to compose a class
- Adjustments: physical, verbal, visual
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yoga: philosophy, history, culture and context
- Meditation & pranayama (breath exercises)
- Develop your personal yoga practice
- Guest instructors & unlimited classes
- Weekly public teaching experience
- Most thorough & complete training in the area
- Two 500 hour E-RYT instructors